Everyday There Is a Family Considering a Home Purchase
Looking to purchase a home or condo can be stressful. Some things to take into consideration are:
1) How long do you plan on staying in the residence? Depending upon market conditions it might be a smarter plan to rent if you are planning on staying less than two years
2) What size of home do your need? Buying a home too big or too small can be equally challenging. Decide how much space you need and what the next 5 years looks like.
3) Financing. If you have not spoken to a mortgage lender or a bank, now is a great time to do so. Getting a prequalification first before you start looking puts you in the drivers seat.
4) Distance from work or schools. Many times the further you are from the city center the lower the price range of homes, but, if you spend all your time driving to and from work the gas and wear and tear on your vehicle can add up.
5) For Sale By Owner or MLS? A deal is not always a deal and working with a professional Realtor can help you with the expensive pitfalls of trying to do it your self.
6) Ask friends and family who they worked with for a Realtor and home inspector and what they liked about them
Start collecting moving boxes for your new adventure